Our adventures in renovating our cookie cutter home in Suburbia starts with our kitchen remodel. Eventually, we’ll move on to other rooms in our front-to-back split home, but the kitchen will involve several posts. I will also be learning as I continue to post and become more adept in the world of blogging.
Here are some of the projects involved that will be detailed in future posts:
- Transforming golden oak cabinets with gel stain (and lots of patience and sanding).
- New granite countertops purchased from Nebraska Furniture Mart.
- Installing new mosaic tile backsplash.
- Painting cabinet hinges to match purchased oil rubbed bronze hardware using spray paint and RubNBuff.
- Adding beadboard to the island & painting the island.
- Giving the stools a makeover with gel stain, fabric and nailhead trim.
- Installing new pendant lights for the island and a new ceiling fan.
- Painting & RubNBuff-ing existing light fixture to match.
- Painting outlet covers to match tiles backsplash
- Painting the walls a lighter shade of butter yellow.
- Photoshopping in the new stainless appliances that I can’t afford yet!
For reference, here’s what out kitchen looked like before.